Is your bookkeeper registered?


Bookkeepers need to registered by the Tax Agent Practitioners Board.

Bookkeepers cannot act as BAS Agents or provide advice on GST liabilities without being registered with the Tax Practitioners Board. To register, a bookkeeper must have a minimum number of hours experience as well as accounting or bookkeeping qualifications. This can take the form of a Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or an accounting qualification.

A registered BAS Agent must have professional indemnity insurance to protect clients. The minimum cover is $500,000.